17-Year-Old Girl Electrocuted As Her Headphones 'Melted In Her Ears'

posted by Bill Galluccio -

A 17-year-old girl was found unconscious by a relative and rushed to the hospital, where she later died. According to Fox News, the young girl's cell phone was destroyed by a "huge electric charge" that was so intense it melted the headphones in her ears. 

Hospital officials say they do not know the cause of death yet, but believe it was due to an electric shock that traveled through her cell phone and into her headphones. 

"The girl's grandmother told the doctor that they found her granddaughter unconscious, lying on the floor and with headphones in her ears.

"They said they believe that the young woman had an electric shock because the cell phone was charging and the phone was melted."

He added: "It is stated in the medical record that the girl was admitted to the hospital one hour after the electric shock.

The girl's cell phone was plugged into the wall at the time of the accident. There were reports of a lightning storm in the area as well. 

Photo: Getty Images



Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.